to Northwest-Shoals Community College's
Accreditation Reaffirmation QEP website.
on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
(SACS) is the regional body for the accreditation of higher education
institutions in the southern states (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky,
Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas,
and Virginia) and Latin America awarding associate, baccalaureate, masters,
or doctoral degrees.
The purpose of the Quality Enhancement Plan Team is to
carefully design a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) that will result
in transforming improvements in the quality of student learning at
Northwest-Shoals Community College.
The responsibilities of the Quality Enhancement Plan Team include
Design the procedures for developing the QEP, including establishing
the timeline for the completion of tasks and appointing team members
to specific assignments involved in the procedures.
2. Develop a marketing campaign targeting the college community designed
to increase awareness and promote the importance of the QEP
3. Construct and implement procedures that ensure broad based, college
wide involvement in the identification and selection of a QEP topic.
4. Ensure that the topic is clear in mission and purpose, is strategically
targeted in scope, and will improve student learning
5. Ensure that the QEP topic is thoroughly researched
6. Ensure that the QEP is sufficiently integrated with the institution's
ongoing institution-wide planning and evaluation procedures
7. Develop the actual Quality Enhancement Plan which is ambitious
and valuable while practical and affordable
8. Development of comprehensive assessment and implementation plans
9. Documenting and chronicling the QEP development
10. Working with the Document Organization Team to develop the most
effective format for presenting the QEP to the college community and
the On-site Review Committee
11. Developing the QEP Implementation Report in 2014