The Student Success Center is a resource for prospective and current students at NW-SCC. We provide assistance with general information and student support. Our services and programs are designed to empower students and connect them with the resources needed to achieve both academic and personal goals. The staff is available to assist you in any way while you are here at NW-SCC. Your success is important to us!
Roles and Responsibilities of the Advisor
- Advise students about academic requirements for their degree plan and the selection of courses.
- Maintain contact with assigned advisees regarding registration, advising sessions, academic status, and other necessary college information.
- In appropriate situations be a student liaison.
- Monitor and work with advisee to resolve academic concerns.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Student
- Schedule and attend all advising appointments.
- Currently enrolled student need to see their assigned advisor.
- Participate in the advising process.
- Be prepared to discuss your goals and educational plans.
- Compile a list of questions concerning your educational plans to be discussed with your advisor.
Ultimately, you are responsible for making your own decisions regarding your education. Transfer students should create a STARS transfer guide agreement.
If your ACT score is below 20 in Math or English, please schedule the Placement Test before meeting with your advisor.
All new freshmen should visit the Student Success Center on the Shoals campus. Distance Education students may contact us by phone at 256-331-5221 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Transfer and transient students are also encouraged to make use of our advising services or check our transfer resources page.
Student Success Center Services:
- Academic Coaching
- Early Alert Referral System
- Free Workshops
- Free WiFi Access
- Peer Mentors
- Assistance with Financial Aid
- Registration and Advising Assistance
- Various Student Activities and Programs throughout the Year
For more information, contact:
Phil Campbell Campus
Hours of Operation:
Monday- Friday 7:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.