2023 Fall Registration
Apply NOW for the summer and fall semester.
Fall classes begin August 17.
For the convenience of our students, Northwest Shoals Community College (NWSCC) is offering registration and advising for the fall semester online and in-person.
We will be available for in-person appointments, email, phone and live chatrooms to meet your needs and answer any questions you may have about spring registration. Faculty, staff, and administration will do their best to respond to all e-mailed questions on the same day.
Steps for Registration
- Step 1: Apply for Admission
- Step 2: Schedule an advising session
- Step 3: Don’t Forget about Financial Aid! Fill out your FAFSA at https://www.studentaid.gov. If you need more information about financial aid, visit the NWSCC Financial Aid Website, call 256-331-5364, or email email@example.com
- Step 4: Register for Classes! (see detailed steps below)
Do you have Admissions, Advising, Financial Aid, or General College questions?
NWSCC is here to answer all your student services questions. The College has set up virtual rooms to connect current and prospective students student services team members. Please see the below available rooms and times.
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Call us at the number below or stop by our office during business hours. You can also email a member of the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Questions
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Fill out your FAFSA at https://www.studentaid.gov. If you need more information about financial aid, visit the NWSCC Financial Aid Website, call 256-331-5364, email email@example.com, or schedule a Virtual Financial Aid Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply to NWSCC?
- Send your transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Once we receive all your required documents, you will be unconditionally admitted and will become a proud member of the Patriot community.
- If you have any issues completing the Online Application, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more admissions information, visit the NWSCC Admissions website.
How do I contact an advisor?
Our Advising Team is here to help you prepare for your next steps at NWSCC!
For more advising information, visit the NWSCC Advising website.
How do I view Fall courses?
- Click on NWSCC Dynamic Schedule
- Click on the dropdown menu under “Search by Term:”
- Select Fall 2023 or the term you are interested in searching.
- Fill in any other specifics you are searching for and click “Submit”
How do I register for classes?
Students must complete an application for admission and have their MY NWSCC username and password to register.
Step 1: Go to MY NWSCC. (Located near the middle of our homepage) and click the blue bubble that reads “Continue to myNWSCC (Banner) Account”
Step 2: Type your username and password and click “Sign In” USER ID: NWSCC student email address PASSWORD: !NWSmmddyy (date of birth) If you have signed in previously and changed your password, please use that password. If you cannot remember your password, email admissions@nwscc. edu to request a reset.
Step 3: Click the “Student” link, then click the “Student Landing Page” link.
Step 4: Click the “Registration” link, then click the “Register for Classes” link.
Step 5: Select the term for Registration and click “Continue”
Step 6: To search for a class, enter the subject and click it. Enter the course number and click “Search”. Click “Advanced Search” for more search criteria.
Step 7: View the course options and click “Add” to the right of the desired section. Click green “Search Again” and repeat step 9 for all desired courses.
Step 8: Click “Submit” when all desired courses have been added to the summary.
Step 9: To print a schedule, click the “Schedule and Options” tab. Click “Print”
Step 10: To drop a class, click on the menu to the right of the class in the summary. Select “web drop” and click submit. After the Add/Drop period has ended, students are required to submit a withdrawal request form located on the homepage of Blackboard.