The mission of Northwest-Shoals Community College (NW-SCC) is to provide career technical, academic, and lifelong educational opportunities using varied delivery systems; promotes economic growth; and enriches the quality of life for people of the Northwest Alabama region.
- Institutional Goals
- Student Achievement – NW-SCC identifies and evaluates goals and outcomes for student achievement using a variety of measures. Criteria for evaluating success include course success rates, retention rates, program completions, graduation rates, job placement rates for career technical students, and licensure passing rates for students in career technical programs that require licensure.
NW-SCC Strategic Plan
Through the 2019-2024 Strategic Plan and the strategic planning process, NW-SCC has aligned its mission, core values, goals, objectives and actions.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
- Accounting Technology AOT, CER
- Associate in Arts AA/Associate in Science AS
- Air Conditioning/Refrigeration AOT, CER, STC
- Automotive Service Technology AOT, CER, STC
- Automotive Collision Repair AOT, CER, STC
- Carpentry/Cabinetmaking AOT, CER, STC
- Child Development AAS, STC
- Computer Information Systems Technology AAS, STC
- Criminal Justice AAS
- Design Engineering Technology AAS, STC
- Electrical Technology AOT, CER
- Electronics Technology AAS
- Emergency Medical Services AAS, CER, STC
- Environmental Health and Safety Technician AAS, STC
- Fire Science/Fire Services Management STC
- Industrial Systems Technology AAS, CER, STC
- Machine Shop/CNC AOT, CER
- Medical Assisting Technology AAS, STC
- Office Administration AAS, CER
- Practical Nursing CER
- Registered Nursing AAS
- Salon and Spa Managment AAS, CER
- Water and Wastewater STC
- Welding Technology AOT, CER, STC
Northwest-Shoals Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award the Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, and Associate in Occupational Technology degrees as well as certificates in specific occupational areas. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Northwest-Shoals Community College.
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges Address:
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System and Northwest-Shoals Community College that no person in Alabama shall on the grounds of race, color, disability, sex, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. The College complies with nondiscriminatory regulations under Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title IX Education Amendment of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to participate in college activities. The College is committed to a Drug Free learning and work environment through education, intervention, and enforcement.
Contact NW-SCC Institutional Effectiveness and Research Office
Associate Dean of Institutional Effectiveness, Distance Education, and Development