The Dual Enrollment for Dual Credit Program (DE/DC) program at Northwest-Shoals Community College allows eligible students to earn both high school and college credit. College courses count toward high school graduation credits, and the courses remain part of a student’s regular college transcript.
Are you eligible?
Eligible high school students must meet the following criteria:
- Meet the entrance requirements of postsecondary education.
- Be in grade 10, 11, or 12.
- Have a minimum cumulative (unweighted) 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for initial admission in completed high school courses.
- Obtain written approval from the appropriate principal or counselor at the high school.
To maintain continuous eligibility, student must earn a “C” or better in all attempted college courses. Students who fail to meet this minimum GPA or withdraw from a course will be suspended from the program for a minimum one term. The one-term suspension may not be served during the summer.
What Courses Can I Take?
Students are required to meet the appropriate prerequisites prior to enrollment in specific courses. Prerequisites include but are not limited to ACT or SAT score minimums, placement testing guidelines, and/or sequential course requirements.
- COST SAVINGS – Tuition and fees at NW-SCC are significantly less than those of four year colleges. Students taking an on-campus class may apply for a $100 scholarship per semester.
- SIMULTANEOUS CREDIT – Student can earn academic/technical credit for both high school graduation and a college degree..
- EDUCATIONAL ADVANTAGE – Get a jump start on your college career while easing the transition from high school to college.
- Complete the online application for admission and review the student I.D. policyrequirement.
- Submit your I.D. and/or transcript, including ACT, SAT, or ACUPLACER scores using the Admissions Documentation Upload.
- Submit the online Dual Enrollment Registration Form.
- You are strongly encouraged to complete the online application process above. However, if you have any difficulty submitting the online application, you may print and complete the agreement and permission forms linked below.
- Submit a DE/DC agreement form, completed and signed by your principal or counselor.
Instructional/Dual Enrollment Coordinator