The Dual Enrollment for Dual Credit Program (DE/DC) program at Northwest-Shoals Community College allows eligible students to earn both high school and college credit. College courses count toward high school graduation credits, and the courses remain part of a student’s regular college transcript.
Are you eligible?
Eligible high school students must meet the following criteria:
- Meet the entrance requirements of postsecondary education.
- Be in grade 10, 11, or 12.
- Have a minimum cumulative (unweighted) 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for initial admission in completed high school courses.
- Obtain written approval from the appropriate principal or counselor at the high school.
To maintain continuous eligibility, student must earn a “C” or better in all attempted college courses. Students who fail to meet this minimum GPA or withdraw from a course will be suspended from the program for a minimum one term. The one-term suspension may not be served during the summer.
What Courses Can I Take?
Students are required to meet the appropriate prerequisites prior to enrollment in specific courses. Prerequisites include but are not limited to ACT or SAT score minimums, placement testing guidelines, and/or sequential course requirements.
- COST SAVINGS – Tuition and fees at NW-SCC are significantly less than those of four year colleges. Students taking an on-campus class may apply for a $100 scholarship per semester.
- SIMULTANEOUS CREDIT – Student can earn academic/technical credit for both high school graduation and a college degree..
- EDUCATIONAL ADVANTAGE – Get a jump start on your college career while easing the transition from high school to college.
- Complete the online application for admission and review the student I.D. policyrequirement.
- Submit your I.D. and/or transcript, including ACT, SAT, or ACUPLACER scores using the Admissions Documentation Upload.
- Submit the online Dual Enrollment Registration Form.
Casey J. Eggleston
Director of Dual Enrollment
Instructional/Dual Enrollment Coordinator
Patrece M. Rice
High School Career Coach