MUSCLE SHOALS, ALA. — Northwest Shoals Community College’s (NWSCC) Pre-Apprenticeship Program, CTE 101, and Ready to Work (RTW) program are offering a free workforce training beginning January 19, 2021. The deadline to register for these classes is Friday, January 15, 2021.
According to Adult Education and RTW Director Tara Branscome, the 16 week CTE 101 program gives participants an opportunity to develop career skills, explore career technical education, and get connected with a mentor. “During the spring semester, our participants have an opportunity to earn as many as 22 workforce certifications,” said Branscome. “Our mentors help our participants stay focused and give them that little bit of encouragement we all need at times.”
CTE 101 and Ready to Work Programs have limited seats available and will accept participants on a first come, first serve basis. Certifications that are available through CTE 101 include:
- Alabama Certified Worker
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- MSSC Certified Production Technician Certification
- MSSC Safety and Employability
- MSSC Quality Practices and Measurement
- MSSC Manufacturing Processes and Production
- MSSC Maintenance Awareness
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Financial Literacy Certification
- 12 Digital Literacy Certifications
- FEMA Active Shooter Certification
To register or for more information about free workforce training, call 256-331-5440/text 256-415-6992 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.