MUSCLE SHOALS & PHIL CAMPBELL, ALA. — Northwest Shoals Community College’s (NWSCC) Alpha Zeta Iota chapter received 11 awards during last Saturday’s (3/5) Alabama Regional Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Convention at Calhoun Community College in Huntsville, Ala.
The NWSCC PTK chapter was recognized with the following awards:
- Continued Excellence Advisor Award
- Continued Excellence Chapter Award
- Distinguished Chapter Advisor Team
- Distinguished Chapter Member
- Distinguished Chapter Officer Team
- Distinguished Honors in Action Project Award
- Distinguished Honors in Action Theme Award
- Distinguished College Project Award
- Five Star Chapter Award
- Reach Award (for achieving at least 15% membership)
- Most Distinguished Chapter – Third Place
Chapter officers are Alana Jenkins, Hannah Hendon, Hannah Foster, Adrianna McCleese, Tesley Callahan, Quinton Davis, Amanda Neito, and Irene Crandall. Advisors are Pam Peters and Jacque Jeffreys.
Phi Theta Kappa, the International Honor Society of the Two-Year College, has recognized academic excellence in the two-year college since 1918. The Society is comprised of more than 3.5 million members in the United States and 10 sovereign nations.
About Northwest Shoals Community College:
Northwest Shoals Community College (NWSCC) is part of the Alabama Community College System and home to over 4,000 students. NWSCC offers over 100 certificate and degree programs and is committed to providing career technical, academic, and lifelong educational opportunities that promote economic growth and enrich the quality of life for the people it serves. For more information about the NWSCC, visit https://nwscc.edu/.