Event: Northwest-Shoals Community College (NW-SCC) will host the 2021-2022 Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education (FAME) Signing Day for 18 students on the Shoals campus Thursday, July 29, at 8:00 a.m. Each student will be sponsored by local business and industry.
Who: The FAME Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT) class will consist of 18 students selected by the following companies:
- Constellium – sponsoring four students
- Essity – sponsoring two students
- Forsythe and Long Engineering – sponsoring one student
- G and G Steel – sponsoring two students
- Jack Daniel’s Cooperage – sponsoring one student
- Kith Kitchens – sponsoring one student
- McVantage – sponsoring two students
- North American Lighting – sponsoring four students
- Southwire – sponsoring one student
What: Currently, the 2020-2021 Alabama FAME Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT) program at NW-SCC has 13 students. The new class will bring the two-year program’s capacity to 31. NW-SCC has formed FAME partnerships with 17 local businesses.
The FAME program is a pathway to a challenging and well-paying career as a multi-skilled technician. Students will attend classes two full days per week (16-20 hours per week) while working three full days a week (24+ contact hours) with a sponsoring company. FAME Students earn a competitive wage while attending college and gain work experience. The first FAME class graduated from NW-SCC in May 2021 with 100% job placement.
When: Thursday, July 29, 2021; 8:00 a.m.
Where: Gym, NW-SCC Shoals campus; 800 George Wallace Blvd., Muscle Shoals, AL 35661