Event: Northwest-Shoals Community College (NW-SCC) will host its inaugural Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education (FAME) Signing Day for 19 students. Each student will be sponsored by local business and industry.
Who: The first FAME Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT) class will consist of 19 students selected by the following companies:
- North American Lighting – sponsoring four students
- FreightCar America – sponsoring two students
- TASUS – sponsoring one student
- Pilgrim’s – sponsoring one student
- Applied Chemical Technology – sponsoring one student
- G and G Steel – sponsoring two students
- Essity – sponsoring two students
- Southwire – sponsoring one student
- Mid-South/Central Extrusion Die Company (MSCEDC) – sponsoring two students
- Tri-Cities Manufacturing – sponsoring one student
- Flexco – sponsoring one student
- Forsythe and Long Engineering – sponsoring one student
What: The Alabama FAME Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT) program at NW-SCC is a pathway to a challenging and well-paying career as a multi-skilled technician. Students will attend classes two full days per week (16-20 hours per week) while working three full days a week (24+ contact hours) with a sponsoring company. FAME Students earn a competitive wage while attending college and gain priceless work experience. Over two years, students can earn as much as $33,500, which with planning can cover all of a student’s education expenses.
When: Thursday, June 13, 2019; 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Where: Building 110,NW-SCC Shoals campus; 800 George Wallace Blvd., Muscle Shoals, AL 35661
For more information about the FAME program at NW-SCC, visit https://nwscc.edu/program-of-study/career-technical/fame.