Event: Northwest Shoals Community College (NWSCC) will host its inaugural Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education (FAME) Signing Day for 19 students. Each student will be sponsored by local business and industry.
Who: The first FAME Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT) class will consist of 19 students selected by the following companies:
- North American Lighting – sponsoring four students
- FreightCar America – sponsoring two students
- TASUS – sponsoring one student
- Pilgrim’s – sponsoring one student
- Applied Chemical Technology – sponsoring one student
- G and G Steel – sponsoring two students
- Essity – sponsoring two students
- Southwire – sponsoring one student
- Mid-South/Central Extrusion Die Company (MSCEDC) – sponsoring two students
- Tri-Cities Manufacturing – sponsoring one student
- Flexco – sponsoring one student
- Forsythe and Long Engineering – sponsoring one student
What: The Alabama FAME Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT) program at NWSCC is a pathway to a challenging and well-paying career as a multi-skilled technician. Students will attend classes two full days per week (16-20 hours per week) while working three full days a week (24+ contact hours) with a sponsoring company. FAME Students earn a competitive wage while attending college and gain priceless work experience. Over two years, students can earn as much as $33,500, which with planning can cover all of a student’s education expenses.
When: Thursday, June 13, 2019; 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Where: Building 110,NWSCC Shoals campus; 800 George Wallace Blvd., Muscle Shoals, AL 35661
For more information about the FAME program at NWSCC, visit https://nwscc.edu/program-of-study/career-technical/fame.