Welcome to the Northwest-Shoals Library!
The Northwest Shoals Community College (NWSCC) Library offers print and online resources to help students research and excel in their classes. View our services below:
Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Item Request Form – After reviewing the course resources, complete this request if the needed item is unavailable.
- Alabama Virtual Library
- Sign Up for AVL Access
(Most students have access by default. It is recommended that you try to access the site first and then request access if needed.)
- R2Library (Nursing & Medical)
M-Th 7:30 am – 8:00 pm
Fri 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Sat-Sun – Closed
Printing and Copying at the Campus Library
NWSCC utilizes a print management program called PaperCut which allows students to put funds for copying and printing on a personal account. Students are required to have a PaperCut account in order to print or copy at either campus library. Library staff will be happy to help you create your PaperCut account. Once your account is created, you can load money to your account by paying with check or cash at the library or by paying with check, cash, or debit/credit at the Cashier’s Office. Stop by either campus library to get started using PaperCut.
Checking out Materials
- Students will use their “A” number and password (5200) to access their library card account. Distance Education students may email or call the library for assistance with checking out materials.
- Materials are checked out for a period of two weeks and may be renewed in person, online or by phone.
- Overdue fines are 10 cents per day per item.
- You may only have 10 items checked out at any one time.
- Computer labs are available in both campus libraries for students to use.
- Computers are also located in the reading area. Printed pages are 10 cents per page/side.
Library Services for Distance Students
Alabama Virtual Library (AVL) Card – Most students within the state of Alabama are able to use the AVL through the use of geolocation. However, if you are a student who lives in Alabama or another state and are unable to access the AVL, please contact our library for assistance with AVL access at email@example.com or 256-331-6288.
If you have trouble accessing the AVL, you may request access by completing the form linked below. Note that it may be up to 72 hours before you receive a response. Request Access to Alabama Virtual Library (AVL)
NWSCC Library Card
Students, Faculty and Staff
They will use their “A” number and password (5200) to access their library card account. Students who are enrolled in online courses can have campus library material mailed to them.
They must complete the library card registration form.