What is WIOA?
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a federally funded program that provides training in high wage, high demand careers that return participants to quality jobs in the workforce. The program provides counseling, retraining, and career development. It’s purpose is to help unemployed and underemployed individuals find gainful employment.
WIOA works to support dislocated workers who lost jobs due to plant closures, displaced homemakers, veterans, and eligible low income recipients. You may be eligible for free training if you meet one or more of the following conditions:
- Public Assistance Recipients
- Low Income Individual
- Laid Off or Unemployed Individuals
- Complete Interest Form
- Schedule appointment via email with NWSCC WIOA Career Coach
- Complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Pre-Registration Activities – With the help of your NWSCC WIOA Career Coach, you will need to complete a list of required pre-registration activities during your appointment with your WIOA Career Coach.
- Complete Evaluation with State Career Center (Decatur, Hamilton, or Sheffield).
NWSCC WIOA Approved Programs
Certificates / Training
- CDL Training – Class A
- Non-Credit Flux Core Welding Certificate
- Practical Nursing Career Certificates
- Welding Career Certificates
Associate in Occupational Technology / Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Career Technical Programs
- Air Conditioning / Refrigeration Technology
- Automotive Service Technology
- Carpentry / Cabinetmaking
- Electrical Technology
- Industrial Systems Technology (AAS)
- Machine Shop Technology
- Health Studies / STEM Programs
- Emergency Medical Services
- Computer Information Systems
- Medical Assisting Technology
- Registered Nursing
Please review the WIOA Student Flyer for additional information.
Contact Us Today!